* Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
* Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
* Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
* Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
* Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
* High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
* Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
* Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
* Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
* Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
* Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
* Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
* Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.