AMEO POWERBREATHER WAVE EDITION
The water looks choppy, the clouds are coming in, but you are fearless. Courage is easy with a Powerbreather Wave.
If ocean swimming is your thing, even when the conditions are tough, A Powerbreather Wave Edition is the choice for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Powerbreather Wave edition has ocean fun written all over it. Yes, you can. You will find yourself swimming parallel to the shore of choppy ocean waves, ebbing and flowing, propelling yourself, without ever having to turn your head and gasp for air. No purging, just breathe.
This experience is what has swimmers around the globe raving about the Powerbreather. The slight buoyancy of the filled chambers, the fresh air system, the dryness in even wavy conditions, the snug fit to your head with a clear view of what lies beneath and beyond, makes swimming in what would be difficult conditions, enjoyable.
The extra long speed vents help prevent any breaks in your breathing in choppy conditions. So even on that cold windy day, you will take to the water with excitement and anticipation.
- The Powerbreather works with any stroke on facing down, crawl, breast, butterfly and even side stroke.
- Each breath is 100% pure, dry air, there is no CO2 from your exhalation as with a standard snorkel. Your breath comes in from the top and out the bottom.
- No water comes in the top tubes. It is closed off unless you are breathing in. You can hold your breath, go underwater, and no water will enter the tubes.
- Saliva will not build up like a normal snorkel, no gurgling. You simply inhale, exhale normally and any liquid will just flush out without notice.
WHO'S USING A POWERBREATHER WAVE?
- Pro Athletes
- Anyone working on their swimming technique, strength, endurance, & respiratory muscle training.
- All open-water swimmers and triathletes who train in open water that can get a bit rough.
- Triathletes and lap swimmers who are training at the pool.
- Recreational pool swimmers who incorporate flip turns in their training.
- Using a PowerBreather is legal in USAT (USA Triathlon) regulations and may be used. However, while many Ironman athletes train with a PowerBreather, no snorkel is allowed in Ironman events. Allways consult racing officials if you intend to use your Powerbreather.
The Wave Edition is the ultimate PowerBreather package, suitable for everything from swimming pools, to heavy flip turns, to smooth or choppy open water.
- The Speedvent L allows you to extend the air tubes on the PowerBreather for when the waves are a little choppy in open water, keeping your breathing dry and oxygen-rich air.
- On occasion, as a swimmer takes a breath as they make their flip turn, some water seep into the tubes. The Flip Caps, that slide over the Speedvent, prevent this from occurring. We therefore recommend the flip cap for those doing fast flip turns.
- We also recommend the Flip Cap for choppy water as just a layer of protection to prevent water from seeping in.
- Recommended for triathlons with crowds where rough water and splashing occur.
SWIMMING WITH THE POWERBREATHER
- Breathing is steady, as you would normally, enjoying, fresh air oxygen rich air.
- You'll find increased awareness to the environment beneath you as you don't need to focus on your how you breath, it will feel very natural.
- You will also find more awareness to your stroke, your technique, and form.
- Fits any head from about 10 years old and up. Fully adjustable for a snug fit.
- Our Powerbreather USA YouTube Channel for Videos on how to fit, use, & flip turn.
NEW EASY SPEEDVENT!
The new Speedvent Easy was introduced in March of 2017. All Powerbreathers on our site will have this new Easy Vent, for easier breathing. The previous version is now being called the Speedvent Medium. We will also sell a 'Speedvent Power' for those wanting more restriction when training.
- Weight (with SPEEDVENT S): 220 grams / 7.8 oz
- Dimensions: 365mm x 198mm x 38mm / 14.5" x 7.75" x 1.5"